Hourvillage is a web and mobile app based social marketplace where users can exchange their skills and services for free. The currency used for this exchange of skills and services is time-based and not money. This means that regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, social and economic status, all users are rewarded equally according to the time given or received. We believe every user has skills and services to share and we want you to be able to give what you can and get what you need in a safe and responsible way.
We at Hourvillage Pte. Ltd. (“Hourvillage”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
2. Information we collect
We may collect information from you in the following instances:
• When an account (“Account”) is registered by you with us.
• When your Account is connected by you with an external third party service or application, such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
• When you utilize the features and functions available on our Services, for example but not limited to, by creating listings of skills, knowledge and/or services (“Skills”) being offered, interacting with other users through our websites, mobile applications and/or chat feature, or transacting with other users.
• If you contact us with a question, to provide feedback or to report a problem.
At all times, you are not under any obligation to provide the information to us. However, in the event that you choose to withhold certain information or to revoke permission for us to receive the information, this may result in us being unable to provide certain aspects of our Services to you.
In the event that you provide us with any information relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), you represent and warrant to us that you have sought for and obtained the consent of the relevant third party to provide us with their information for the respective purposes.
3. Your interactions with other users
Our Services incorporate and offer features which permit users to connect and communicate in groups which are private, public or semi-public, and to share information with each other to complete a transaction. We encourage you to use common sense and to exercise good judgement when deciding whether to share information in these groups or with others through the use of our Services. Please note in particular that we generally do not monitor and/or remove the information which you share and such information may continue to remain available on our Services even after your Account has been deactivated, terminated or is otherwise closed. You are and remain at all times, wholly responsible for the information that you choose to share in these groups or with other users through the use of our Services.
4. How we use the information we collect
We may use the information collected from you for the following purposes:
• To verify your identity, update our records and generally maintain your Account with us.
• To develop, operate, improve, deliver and maintain our Services.
• To provide our Services and customise the content shown to you.
• To respond to your questions and resolve complaints.
• To consolidate the information that you provide including that of other users, to publish surveys, trends and findings for the benefit of our users
• To provide you with updates regarding your listings and our Services (e.g. new offers, new feedback, new comments) and/or to send you marketing and/or promotional materials on the latest services of Hourvillage or selected third parties. Such updates will be sent by email and/or through push notifications and you have the option of choosing to unsubscribe from these updates at any time by utilizing the “Settings” page of your Account. Please also note that these updates may also be communicated to you through text messages and/or voice calls if you have indicated that you wish to receive such updates through these methods.
• To carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research as well as solicit feedback on how our Services are being used and how we can improve them.
• To send you service-related messages (which are not promotional in nature) including, without limitation, a welcome/confirmation email when you register your Account and to enforce our Terms of Service and other policies where required. Such messages will be sent by email and/or through
push notifications and you will not be permitted to opt-out of receiving such service-related messages from Hourvillage, unless you delete your account.
• To perform such other functions or services as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection.
• To further our business by disclosing some but not all of your personal data (such as name and email) (whether for no consideration or otherwise) to third parties including government agencies.
5. Who we disclose your information to
Disclosure of your information may occur in the following ways:
• When you register an Account with us, the information which you choose to make available on your profile, which includes content that you upload and share, may be viewed by other users. We may share and/or disclose the information which you upload and/or otherwise make available with our affiliates and with certain third party service providers who assist us in performing certain aspects of our Services on our behalf. This would include tasks such as processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services, producing comparative reports, conducting industry comparisons or other tasks. Such service providers will only have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions and execute the tasks.
• We may share and/or disclose the information with our potential partners, investors and other parties in the event that we are engaging in discussions and/or negotiations with such parties regarding a potential business partnership, collaboration, joint venture or otherwise in furtherance of our business.
• We may disclose your personal information in the event that we are required to do so by law or if we believe that such action and/or disclosure is necessary to prevent fraud or crime or to protect our Services or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
• We may disclose your personal information in situations where we are required and/or under a duty to disclosure or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or if we determine in our sole discretion that such disclosure is reasonably necessary in order to enforce or apply our terms of service (https://www.hourvillage.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/terms-and-conditions.pdf) and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Hourvillage, our users or others.
You acknowledge, agree and consent to us disclosing certain of your personal information (e.g. name, email address, age, gender, employer, school, industry, college major, geographical location) to third parties in the furtherance of our business, subject to us (where possible) having entered into similar privacy policies with them.
We also collect non-personal information, being data in a form that does not permit direct association or identification of any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
In particular, we may disclose and/or provide data and aggregate statistics (including aggregate information derived from your personal information) about users of our Services and sales to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties in order to describe our Services, deliver targeted advertisements or for other lawful purposes, but other than as set out above, such data and statistics will not include information which can be used to identify you.
6. Disclosure and transfer of information
7. Protecting your information
The security of your information is of utmost importance to us. In connection with this, we have put in place security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. Additionally, we also adhere to generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us over the internet, both during transmission and upon receipt. However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet, and/or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we are unable to guarantee its absolute security. In particular, please note that Hourvillage utilizes certain third party software in connection with the provision of the Services and is unable to bear any responsibility and/or liability for any loss, misuse and/or alteration of information which may result from the use of any such third party software. Further, you should be aware that Hourvillage has no control over the security of other sites on the internet that you may visit or interact with even when a link to any such third party site appears on our websites or mobile applications.
It is of utmost importance that you protect your Account against unauthorised access by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and Account secure (e.g. by signing out after using our Services).
8. Children/ Minors
Hourvillage is especially concerned with the privacy and safety of children/minors when they use the internet.
To use the Services, you must be at least 18 years’ of age. By using our Services, you hereby represent and warrant to us that you are at least 18 years’ of age or have otherwise obtained parental consent and/or legal guardian consent (as the case may be) to the use by you of our Services.
9. Accessing and updating your information
You are able to access and update your information within our Services through the use of the “Settings” page of your Account.
Where you have provided personal information about yourself to us, the responsibility falls on you to provide us with accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information about yourself, and to update this personal information as and when such information becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or out-of-date.
In the event that you wish to apply for a copy of the information we possess about you kindly contact our Personal Data Protection Officer whose contact details are set out in Section 13 below.
Please grant us a reasonable period of time to respond to any request received and to effect any requested changes. While processing your request, we may contact you to verify your identity and to ask for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and may give you reasons for doing so.
Where you have requested for a copy of the information we possess about you, we may charge you a reasonable administrative fee to cover the costs of responding to your request. If we decide to do so, we will provide you with a written estimate of such fee beforehand and obtain your consent to the fee before proceeding with your request.
In the event that you wish to withdraw the consent you previously provided to us to use, collect or disclose the information we hold about you, please note that your withdrawal of such consent will correspondingly result in the immediate termination of your Account. You expressly acknowledge and agree that upon the withdrawal of your consent in this regard, Hourvillage is duly authorised to terminate your Account immediately.
10. Tracking technologies
Tracking technologies are utilised in the provision of our Services. Such tracking technologies enable us to understand how you interact with and utilise our Services which, in turn, helps us to modify and improve how we provide our Services to you. To this end, we have listed out below some examples of the tracking technologies used on our Services:
• Cookies. A cookie is a small data file sent from a website to your browser that is stored on your device. Cookies are used for a number of purposes, including to display the most appropriate content based on your interests and activity on our Services, estimate and report our Services’ total audience size and traffic, and conduct research to improve our Services. You can configure your device’s settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of our Services.
• Clear gifs. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons or web bugs) to help us better manage content on our Services by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
• Flash cookies. We use Flash cookies (a.k.a local shared objects or LSOs) to store some of your viewing preferences on our Services. These are used to collect and store information, but differ from browser cookies in the amount, type and manner in which data is stored.
12. Third party sites and resources
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to external sites or resources which are operated by third parties. Do note that we have no control over the content and privacy practices of such sites or resources. You are strongly advised to review the privacy policies of these sites and resources operated by third parties and understand how your information may be used by those third parties.
13. Contact us
Effective on 1st December 2021